Good Morning!!
Well I figured it was time for an update. The last 2 weeks have been pretty calm around here, not too much going on. The weather has been up and down with warm and cold days but only about an inch of new snow. The warm days made for a perfect time to go outside with Madek and build snowmen. Ok Madek really didn't care about the snowman building but Mom sure had fun!! Right down to the carrot noses and a hat for each, we had the Kayser family of snowmen! He now loves to look out the window and say, "Snowman, snowman, snowman"...so he has enjoyed them being in the front yard.
Well I figured it was time for an update. The last 2 weeks have been pretty calm around here, not too much going on. The weather has been up and down with warm and cold days but only about an inch of new snow. The warm days made for a perfect time to go outside with Madek and build snowmen. Ok Madek really didn't care about the snowman building but Mom sure had fun!! Right down to the carrot noses and a hat for each, we had the Kayser family of snowmen! He now loves to look out the window and say, "Snowman, snowman, snowman"...so he has enjoyed them being in the front yard.


Madek's fish officially has been named "Chubby"...because he eats soo much!! And I am very pleased to see he is alive every morning when I get up. Last year we tried to have goldfish and they all died with in a few days so this is very exciting....2 weeks today we have had him. Who would have thought a lil goldfish could bring you that "pet loving" feeling??? Hmmmmmm
Over the last few weeks I have fallen in love with the blog www.knockoffwood.blogspot.com, my old neighbor Tyanne in Washington turned to onto the blog as she too had became obsessed!! Check it out for yourself...pretty cool stuff. So Mark & I began a project this week and boy was that interesting! I wanted to build the "Cameron Media Bench".......a bench/toy storage thing for Madek's toyroom. The materials called for a sheet of MDF....mind you the sheet is 97"x49"....a pretty big piece of material to handle! We managed to get all the cuts made with the table saw without killing each other or screwing it all up! I'm pretty sure next time I will have the lumber yard do all the cutting of the big pieces to make it easier to handle at home! The project has since been on hold do to another project we have going........................



CARPET for our basement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our basement is finished but the previous owners had installed laminate flooring which made for a very cold and loud atmosphere for an area we wanted to relax and play in. So after much begging and pleading & great sales I convinced Mark to use our tax return for carpeting the basement! This week we had to take off all the trim and remove the laminate in preparation of the carpet which is being installed today. So today I am home waiting for the carpet guy and Mark is out snowmobiling...go figure! Anyone interested in approx. 700 sq ft of maple looking laminate flooring?? haha I hope to get the trim repainted and paint the walls soon! Now my next job....convince Mark we need a couch for down there....hmmmm....I'll keep you updated on that!


Next weekend we are heading down to Appleton, WI to take Madek to the NickJR Storytime Live Concert....we are getting a hotel and staying the night. We are very much looking forward to a mini vacation and hoping Madek enjoys the concert! I will update in another week or so with the finished pictures of the basement carpet and the project!! Take care and hope you are all doing well!! Here are more pictures from the last few weeks!










im interested in the maple flooring for a room im doing in the basement.Let me know how much.
ReplyDeleteMadek,
ReplyDeleteGammy loves you and misses you sooooooo much. Tell Mom and Dad hi too!
Love Gammy
You have done a marvelous job on this...very impressive...and so You....love the updates..still wish I could see you guys more..love and miss you everyday...keep sending pics. kisses to your guys..and hugs to you. love, aunt ronda roo
ReplyDelete