- May 29th I ran the Salvation Army Home Run 5k for the 2nd year in a row. I was hoping to come in under 30 mins and was very pleased to come in with a time of 25mins 59 seconds. Our Anytime Fitness Running Team took 1st place!!!
- 1st weekend of June was our neighborhood party and lets just say Mark & I had a VERY good time...maybe a lil too much.....;o)
- 2nd weekend of June we headed down to Green Bay to see Thomas and off to Sturgeon Bay/Door County to visit some of our favorite people. We stayed with the Paulsen's...Mark's sisters inlaws...and Aunt Kat also came for the weekend. As always we had an amazing time and didn't want to leave......always looking forward to our next visit to Door County!!! If you haven't been there...you should go....great weekend getaway far better than Mackinaw Island.
- Now I'm having a hard time remembering the next few weekends....I know I ran another 5k for fun, we built Madek a swingset...and....hmmmm not sure what else....
- July 3rd I ran the Gladstone Firecracker 5 mile race and came in with a time of 42mins15secs...it was my first race over 3.1 miles and I totally loved it!
- The 4th of July weekend took us to Florence, WI to a party held by one of Mark's coworkers. Madek enjoyed his first Jet Ski ride along with his first paddle boat ride! We headed home just as the rain was coming and tried to make the fireworks but they were rained out.
- July 10th I took part in my first 10k race (6.2miles) and was shocked to find out I ran it in 52 mins 34 secs with a pace of 8mins 27secs per mile and took 2nd place in my division! It was my 1st medal and I couldn't have been more happy. I'm pretty sure you could say I'm addicted. Besides being a mother I don't think something has ever given me more satisfaction than running.....I only wish I would have started years ago ;o)
So there are a few things that have been keeping us busy these last 2 months. But....the most important thing is that...............MADEK IS FULLY POTTY TRAINED!!!!!! I guess you could say he was just ready.....we cut diapers out cold turkey on a Monday and by that Friday he was done with accidents and not even sleeping in a pull up! Mark & I could not be more proud of our lil man!!! His reward for going #2 which took place on day 2 of pt...was a his very own toy chainsaw. Mom had to take a mad dash trip to the store as soon as we heard "plunk"......
I realize most of this is about Mom & Madek but you can't forget what our dear Marky has been up to these last 2 months as well............He was busy for a few weeks working on his dad's four wheeler....rebuilt the motor or something like that...now he is on to his dad's 1901 dirtbike...well it isn't that old but close enough! He has also been DAD of the year lately spending a lot of time with Madek while Mommy is busy RUNNING...for which I am very thankful for!
The next few months are looking busy for us as well. My best friend Sarah & her husband are coming home from Denver......we have more family coming to visit.....and I will be training for my 1st 1/2 marathon on Sept.4th. Then after the race I will be heading to Oregon & Washington for my first visit since we moved in 09.....it is going to be a GREAT vacation!! While Mommy is gone, Daddy & Madek are heading over to MN for a big snowmobile swap/flea market called Hay Days! I don't get it....snowmobile event in Sept.=no snow.....I guess it is one of those "guy" things!
As always we hope you are all doing well and enjoying your summer!!!
Love,

Great update Jana!! And AWESOME job on all the running!! It is TOTALLY addicting!!
ReplyDeleteTake care! <3